People are asking - "Does Amazon ship to Philippines?" The answer is YES. A majority of items sold by Amazon can be shipped directly to Philippines.
Though Amazon.com can ship directly to Philippines, this may not be your best shipping option because the shipping cost is so expensive for most items. Also, Imported goods can be held up by Philippine Customs and may take a while before they release them.
To avoid these problems and save more money on shipping costs, I suggest using third party shipping when shopping at Amazon. Please see my complete tutorial here–> Amazon Third Party Shipping.
However, if you don’t care about the expensive shipping cost and you trust our Bureau of Customs, then keep reading this page. Before you begin shopping, you should know that NOT all products on Amazon can be shipped internationally.
You can filter Amazon’s inventory to show whether a product can be shipped to the Philippines or not. But first, you need to set your Philippine address as the default shipping address on your Amazon account settings. Just follow these steps:
Sign in to Amazon.com and enter Your Account page, then select Addresses. There you can add or edit your shipping addresses. Make sure to set your Philippine address as the default.
To Ship or Not to Ship to Philippines
After adding your shipping address, Amazon should now be able to tell you whether an item can be shipped to Philippines. Here’s a Sony camera that ships to Philippines. See image below:
Now here’s an example of Michael Kors watch that does not ship to Philippines. See the image below.
Items that don't ship usually to Philippines are electronics, software, household tools, kitchenwares and health products. In this case, you really need to use third party shipping if you really need the product/s. Please check out the tutorial here--> Amazon Shopping with Shipping Cart.
Proceed to Checkout
If all the items you’ve chosen can be shipped to the Philippines, then proceed to checkout and see your delivery options. Normally for international shipping, your options are..
- Standard Shipping (10-16 business days)
- Expedited Shipping (5-10 business days)
- Priority Shipping (3-5 business days)
Finally, finish checkout by also choosing your shipping address and payment method. You should now be ready to place the order!
Shipping Fees & Taxes
Now let’s talk about the fees, taxes and total payment. Amazon automatically calculates the international shipping fees and taxes for you. Before placing your order, you should see the total payment under Order Summary.
- Shipping & handling – the cost of shipping from Amazon to Philippines
- Estimated tax to be collected – this is US tax. Usually $0 or just a small amount when it’s there .
- Import Fees Deposit – this is the fee that Amazon pays, on your behalf, to clear customs taxes in the Philippines. Although it is automatically calculated, this cost may not be final. Depending on the classification or value of the product, Customs may impose additional charges. Amazon will debit the additional fees from the payment method you’ve used. However if the Import Fees Deposit is actually higher than what Customs requires, then the difference will be refunded by Amazon to your payment account.
As you can see in this example, the total tax plus the shipping cost is a huge $80! That’s the reason I always advice to use Third Party Shipping, so we can save more money. But if you’re good with all that expenses, then go ahead and place your order. If all goes well, then you will be receiving your package within the estimated time, right at your doorsteps!
That’s about it! If you have any questions, please leave your comments below. And what are you waiting for? Go to Amazon.com right now and start shopping!
Must Watch this Video, if You haven’t Already
You Might Also Like:
- How to Shop with Shipping Cart
- How to Shop with Gcash AMEX and MSB
- How to Shop in the U.S. with Johnny Air